Download Pastor Janas Caruncho’s Sermons from PHAT Camp 2018 below:
Session 1 – Tuesday Afternoon
Overcoming Doubt (Judges 6:11-16)
In order to face our fears, we need to overcome our doubts:
- That God desires what is best for us even when we are in difficult circumstances
- That God can use us for His purposes even when we have no confidence in ourselves. God knows us better than we know ourselves
Session 2 – Tuesday Evening
Breaking Down Altars (Judges 6:16-32)
- When we approach God, do we approach him based on how He has revealed himself to us or based on our own wisdom and understanding? God is patient with us as fumble our way to draw close to Him.
- What are the idols in our lives that coexist with our worship of God? God challenges to be aware of the things in our lives that compete with our allegiance to Him.
- God not only calls us to identify the idols in our lives, but He empowers us to tear down our idols when we act in faith and trust in Him.
Session 3 – Wednesday Morning (Not Available)
Signs of Assurance (Judges 6:33-40)
- Why do we constantly need signs to assure us that we are going in the right direction? A lot of times this comes from a lack of trust in the Lord and His sovereignty.
- We need to take a hold of God’s greatest sign of love and assurance for us daily when we consider what Christ has done for us at the cross.
Session 4 – Wednesday Evening
A Few Brave Men (Judges 7:1-25)
- God calls us to glorify Him. Where in our lives do we take credit for things that rightfully belong to God?
- Fear usually keeps us from taking risks to obey God. Yet God reveals to us that His strength is made perfect in weakness. It is when we are weak in ourselves that we can find our strength in Him.
Session 5 – Thursday Morning
Guarantee of Victory (Judges 7:9-25)
- A lot of times we need to take a step of faith before we receive the assurance we are looking for from God.
- When we take a step of faith, we find that God’s assurance is more than what we have imagined, and that assurance leads us to worship.
Session 6 – Thursday Evening (Not Available)
Righteous Facade (Judges 8:22-35)
- Gideon said the right things and has the right answers, but his life did not reflect his words. How can we grow in our consistency in our spiritual lives?
- God gives us the power to live for Him when we joyfully lay down our idols and His Spirit transforms our affections through the beauty of the Gospel.
Session 7 – Friday Morning
Contrasting Battles (Judges 8:1-21)
- We need to grow in being able to honestly correct and refine one another as we strive to honor God.
- When things are going well in our lives, it can be easy to forget to the Lord and not longer acknowledge our desperate need for him.
- How does trusting in the Gospel of Jesus Christ give you freedom from your fears or finding your self-worth in your achievements?